The Purchasing Analyst role is critical to supporting the purchasing department with both managing data integrity and improving procurement activities. This is an ideal role for someone who understands the importance of managing inventory data through the ERP system while exercising continuous improvement efforts across the Purchasing Department. An individual with natural curiosity to learn and problem solve, while wanting to develop a wide range of supply chain management skills, will be successful.
- Create purchase orders for stock replenishment of assigned vendors using ERP-based purchasing and inventory management tools
- Ensure that company goals of total inventory dollars and days on hand are met by inventory classifications
- Import all new items as requested by Sales or Customer Service, as well as import all new products announced by suppliers
- Manage all cost and pricing updates as announced by suppliers.
- Analyze safety stock journal data and setting item coverages on assigned schedule.
- React to item coverage changes based on new customer forecasts.
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies, and market suppliers to be proactive where supply levels or costs are changing in the market.
- Manage open past due purchase orders and interdivisional transfer orders.
- Analyze interdivisional transfer data and assist buyers to ensure correct product is in selling branch to achieve a 75% fill rate.
- Work to reduce costs and bring continuous improvement ideas.
- Problem solve to assist warehouse, sales, and customer service personnel with physical inventory tracking, cost and status adjustments, pricing agreements and transfer orders.
- Learn and share with others to develop skills of all team members.
- A bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business administration, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- 2-3 years of purchasing experience with understanding of supply chain. Experience in wholesale distribution or the paper industry is preferred.
- Technical Acumen: Must be well versed and skilled in using Microsoft Excel and Pivot tables for building and producing reports and analysis. Knowledge and experience with ERP is required with Microsoft Dynamics AX experience being preferred.
- Organized and effective time management: Must be able to work in an orderly and systematic way, with process improvement in mind.
- High learning orientation: Must be able to learn product categories, uses, and manage the vendor relationship.
- Excellent negotiation, customer service and consulting skills.
- Collaboration: Being a team player and working well with others is crucial. Takes direction and follows through. Is also able to challenge with tact.
- Detail Oriented: Must have attention to detail and works diligently to ensure information is accurate.
- Must be able to identify and solve data problems as they arise.
The work environment characteristics described herein are generally representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is moderately quiet. Work is performed in an office environment or outside the office with existing or potential customers, employees or others. Within the office, floors are both carpeted and tiled. Occasional interaction may occur within the Operations environment.
Millcraft Paper Company is an EEO employer. We are committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender or gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Millcraft Paper Company complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work in the US for Millcraft Paper Company.
Paper & Forest Products