About The Role
Andela is looking for a Financial Analyst to join our FP&A team. Reporting to the VP of FP&A, and with significant exposure to senior management throughout the company, this role will be an integral part in helping us continue scaling the global financial management of the company. The ideal candidate will bring a strong mix of strategic thinking, analytical ability, intellectual curiosity, and attention to detail.
- Prepare and manage budget and forecasts for business units
- Update detailed operating and projections/financial models, working closely with multiple departments
- Analyze and monitor financial and operational performance. Prepare monthly financial reports and variance analyses (actuals versus budgeted/forecasted).
- Assist with monthly closes and coordinate with Accounting to ensure accurate financial results and reporting
- Identify trends and issues and address problems to ensure quality financial results
- Assist in corporate finance and business development work
- Drive financial considerations in decision-making framework to improve business profitability and capital efficiency
- Prepare presentations for management and participate in ad hoc projects as needed
- BA/BS required; major in accounting, finance, or business/economics preferred
- 2+ years minimum experience in investment banking or corporate finance
- Excellent financial management and analytical skills, with deep demonstrated understanding of financial modeling and analysis tools
- Must be data-driven and take initiative in developing new measurements and metrics
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to delve into the detail as well as take a higher-level view
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of an inter-departmental team in a fast-paced environment
- Highly proficient in Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Ready to embrace start-up pace with a good sense of humor
- Passion to help transform the world
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!